Wednesday 22 August 2012

My Favourite Winter Poppet & why...

Afternoon Peeps,
I hope you've all been having a good day so far. Well I'm pleased I decided to stay in as it's been raining in Newcastle. I have made a right big mess on my desk but as promised I've prized myself away to show you the Winter Poppet card I made yesterday.
Now this little poppet, Christmas Miss is my FAVOURITE of all the Winter poppets, and there is a reason why. Which I'll share below.
For my card I have used burgundy card stock & white centura pearl card, I embossed this with snowflakes. I layered my card companion onto this, I made a snowflake border with some of the burgundy & centura pearl card added some ribbon my my stash & topped with the gorgeous poppet image & Christmas Joy sentiment. I, of course added some glitter to the image.
Now why is this poppet my favourite? Well I remember a few years back my Grandma Stella told my Mam she was getting a "Very Special" Christmas Present, she couldn't really get out without someone taking her & as no-one had admitted to taking her shopping it was a mystery until Christmas Day. Mam opened her present and it was the gorgeous Christmas Miss figurine. And Grandma Stella had written this poem on the card:
"My name is Holly, I'm as bright as can be, a special gift for you from me, please don't break me or give me away, but put me on show each Christmas day".
Here is my Mam with her Christmas Miss. Now Grandma Stella sadly passed away 2 years ago this Christmas so this little girl is even more special for us. She gets pride of place each Christmas. And here is Grandma Stella, 1 of her last birthday parties!
So when I saw the Winter Poppets I just knew what card my Mam would be getting this year, which is a relief as she's so hard to make cards for LOL!!!
I'm off to re-watch The Great British Bake Off, I didn't watch enough cookery last night LOL Enjoy the rest of your day! x x x x x

6 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

Stunning card, love the coloursand design. Marlene

Chris said...

Gorgeous card love the photo`s. Chris xx

Kandy's Krafts said...

A beautiful card - love the colours.

lady jasmine crafts said...

Card is amazing hun and love the little girl figure Nicky xxx

Crafting Chris said...

Love the card and the colours you have used.

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww how lovely, thanks for sharing your photos and such a lovely card :-) Elaine-xxx-