Thursday 25 June 2009

Where are you from???

I'm from England!
Over at Three Clovers the theme is to make card with the theme of "where are you from?" at first I was really stuck 'cos I thought of Newcastle and the Angel of the North, but how do you make Tilda look like a big rusty sculpture?!?!?! Then I remembered my Tilda with rain cloud, and as its nearly always raining here I thought it would fit well, my first thought was to go with a Union Jack (I prefer British to English) but that was gonna be too much like hard work so I went for St Georges' colors Red & White & tried to make the background to look like the flag, but not too much like a flag.
This card also fit in the Simon Says theme of Happy Mail.
Card blank from my stash, card stock from paper mill, white card has been embossed with cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, Magnolia Tilda & rain cloud stamped in memento & colored with pro markers & stickles & ribbon from my stash.

10 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card, Dianne xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Caroline :-) I love this Tilda image ( I have just ordered one of these ) :-)
Love the idea of an England theme too ! I will be entering the challenge with a stamp of the Shambles in York and a map of Yorkshire !! When I make it !! :-)

Thanks for joining in our challenge for such a worthwhile cause and we hope we get hundreds of entries this week :-)

Lorraine and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT x x

Adair said...

This is darling, Caroline! What a great interpretation of where you are from!

Bev said...

This is a lovely card but being from Newcastle I thought you might have done black and white stripes...lol

Caroline said...

I didnt even think of that I must still be devestated with the footie team we have!!!! lol x x

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

I am not a fan of Tilda, but your card seems to capture England weather very well! I live in Cambridge, TFS

debby4000 said...

She is fabulous, brilliant card.
luv
Debby

Elena said...

Tilda is so precious! Your card is so beautiful,Caroline!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week!

Sue from Oregon said...

What a fun card! You have rain and I have wind! Thanks for joining the challenge this week...it was a fun one!

Kerry D-C said...

fabulous card, Caroline! Tilda look adorable in her red and white...I like that sentiment too. Thanks so much for participating in this week's 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge! It is fun to see how everyone interpets where they are from.